Mercer Corridor Project (East Phase)
Weekly Construction Preview
This week, crew’s primary focus will be utility installation, pole installation, and preparing grade for new sidewalks on Fairview Avenue N. The rains this morning will slow progress today and maybe continue to be an issue for the remainder of this short week.
Activities this week include:
- Continue work on the median and cast in place wall for the I-5 on- and off-ramps at Mercer Street. Please note this work will be located out of traffic and will not require lane restrictions on the I-5 on- and off-ramps at Mercer Street.
- Continue pavement grading in preparation for rebuilding sections of Fairview Avenue N. Work will be located between Republican and Harrison streets and between Mercer and Valley Streets.
- Continue installing underground communication lines on Fairview Avenue N between Valley Street and Mercer Street.
- Continue pole foundation installation and setting poles on Fairview Avenue N between Mercer Street and Harrison Street.
Traffic engineers will:
- Monitor traffic flow on Mercer Street.
- Monitor traffic flow at the Dexter Avenue N and Mercer Street intersection.
- Continue planning for the eventual reopening of southbound Fairview Avenue N.
For up-to-minute construction updates join our project email list at: www.seattle.gov/transportation/ppmp_mercer.htm or call the 24-hour construction hotline at 206-419-5818.