This week, crews continued sidewalk and landscaping work on Valley Street between Fairview Avenue North and Ninth Avenue North. Construction also continued on the north side of Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North and the east side of SR 99 between Valley and Harrison streets.
Activities this week included:
- Completed the concrete deck for the east side of the SR 99 bridge over Mercer Street.
- Continued sidewalk restoration on Valley Street between Ninth Avenue North and Fairview Avenue North.
- Continued landscaping and paver installation on Westlake Avenue North and Valley Street.
- Continued sidewalk work and conduit installation on the north side of Mercer Street between Queen Anne Avenue North and Fourth Avenue North.
- Continued sidewalk improvements on Roy Street at Fifth Avenue North.
- Continued installing concrete panels to strengthen the north retaining wall on Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North.
- Continued electrical work along the south side of Mercer Street between Eighth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North.
Reminder, beginning tonight, October 25, Seattle Public Utilities and Mercer Corridor Project crews will work to perform emergency sewer line repairs on Mercer Street near Eight Avenue North and Mercer Street. Due to the sewer line’s position beneath the roadway, eastbound Mercer Street will be fully closed during this work. The closure will begin tonight, October 25 at 11:00 p.m. and continue through Monday, October 28 at 5:00 a.m. During the closure:
- Eastbound Mercer Street will be fully closed to traffic between Fifth Avenue North and Ninth Avenue North. Travelers heading east from Fifth Avenue North should take Harrison Street to eastbound Broad Street to re-connect with Mercer Street. More information about alternate routes during construction may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.
- Westbound Mercer Street, Broad Street, SR 99 and the I-5 on- and off-ramps at Mercer Street will remain open during the weekend work.
For up-to-the-minute construction updates join our project email list at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm or call the 24-hour construction hotline at 206-419-5818.