Does the end of summer have you feeling blue? It’s not time to start hiding away inside quite yet! PARK(ing) Day Plus+ has inspired Seattleites to create 50 temporary parks and street improvements for you to explore in parking spaces throughout the city. Check them out this Friday and Saturday, September 16-17, between 10 AM and 7 PM.
Here are a few of the creative activities you can do at Seattle’s pop-up parks:
- Join a Prince sing-a-long and trivia contest
- Relax on furniture made of pool noodles or in an outdoor reading room
- Explore a maze or catch a dance performance
- Create a watercolor painting and experiment with bubbles
- Drink lemonade or fancy tea
- Learn about book printing and tree identification
- Play a musical instrument made out of bike parts – or just park your bike!
Check out the map on our website to find parks near you! Some of the parks will not be in place for both days of the event, so double check the date listed in the map.
Through your visit, you’ll be part of an international conversation about the importance of walkable, livable, and healthy cities. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter throughout the weekend @seattledot and tag your photos #ParkingDaySEA!