Parking in Seattle is now more convenient for residents and visitors – we’ve eliminated the 35-cent transaction fee to use Seattle’s PayByPhone parking app to pay for street parking. This puts paying by phone on par with using the pay station. The easiest way to pay for parking just got more convenient!
- Get text messages when your parking is about to expire
- If time is available, extend your time from your phone while sitting in a restaurant or out shopping
- No more rushing outside to plug the meter to avoid a ticket
- No more going back and forth in the rain to the pay station – just sit in your car and pay!
- PayByPhone allows you to enter multiple vehicles and credit cards into one account.
- Soon, you’ll be able to use Apple Pay or Android Pay instead of entering in a credit card.
Right now, about 14% of all on-street paid parking transactions in Seattle are done via PayByPhone. That accounted for about 1.4 million transactions in 2016. This number is expected to grow now that the app is free to use! Find out more about PayByPhone in Seattle right here.