What’s your favorite Seattle street? Is it 2nd Ave downtown because of the protected bike lanes? Ravenna Blvd because of the dense tree canopy? We’re holding a photo contest where you can share your favorite street, and win up to $300 in prizes!
The contest is being held to celebrate the release of the updated Right-of-Way Improvements Manual (also known by its new name, Streets Illustrated). This manual is a design guide for improvements made to city streets. It will include street typologies, guidelines, and standards for street elements – such as sidewalk width, travel lane width, crosswalk design, bike infrastructure, street trees, landscaping, and street furniture. It also highlights opportunities for street art, parklets, streateries and more! Standards for these elements are tailored depending on street type. For example, a downtown street has different street elements and standards than an industrial access street, or a neighborhood curbless street.
As you travel the city for your daily activities, think about the diverse character of Seattle streets, and which streets you like best. Don’t forget to take a picture and share!
- Start date: Aug 22
- End date: last submissions taken on Sep 19 at 5pm
- Enter by posting the photo to Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with the tag #StreetsIllustratedSEA (alternatively, send it in an email to email@example.com
- Label the street and tell us why you love it!
- The top 12 photos will all receive prizes and be featured in our inaugural Streets Illustrated Calendar.
- Grand prize of $300 to Glazer’s Camera Store, 2nd place prize of $100 and 3rd place prize of $50.
Visit the contest’s official webpage for more details: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/photo_contest.htm.