SDOT is installing 10 new taxi stands through 2015 and we’re looking for input on where they should go. Taxi stands are dedicated curb spaces where only taxis can wait. Taxi stands are a predictable way for people to know where they can catch a taxi downtown and throughout the city’s neighborhoods. If you have ideas on new locations for taxi stands, there are two ways that you can provide input. Please select whichever option is easiest for you. Please checkout our latest Blog Video below.
You can suggest a new taxi stand location using this map. The map includes the existing taxi stand locations in red. To suggest a new location:
- Zoom into the location
- Click the Editor Button in the top left
- Click on the taxi symbol on the left
- Click on the map where you would like to recommend a new taxi stand
- Fill in the information in the pop-up box to tell us why you’re recommending this location.
- When finished, click on the small “x” in the upper right corner of the pop-up box to save your recommendation on the map
If you’d prefer to send your ideas directly, you can also contact Kiersten Grove at email@example.com or call 206.684.4653. Please include the street name, the nearest cross street, and which side of the street you’d suggest.
We’re asking for suggestions by April 20, and after that we can begin looking into the feasibility of specific locations. We’ll follow up with additional communication throughout the spring and will be installing the new taxi stands in the summer. Thanks for taking the time to share your ideas!