This week for Ride Transit Month, it’s Transit Operator Appreciation Week! Our bus, train, ferry, and streetcar operators get us safely where we need to go every day, through snowstorms and road closures.
This week, we want to say thanks to all the transit operators who keep our communities moving. Don’t forget to thank them today (and every day) on your commute!
Tag #RideTransit and win!
There is another opportunity for you to win this week. Give a shoutout to your transit operator and win. Just tag #RideTransit, include your route number, and tell us what makes them special on Twitter or Facebook to be entered to win prizes!
🤳 BONUS: Snap a selfie with your favorite transit operator! 🤳
Join for the Transit Talk on Thursday, June 20!
Join the next Transit Talk in the Ride Transit Month series. In this conversation we’ll discuss the new developments around fare enforcement on transit as well as how community members and transportation agencies can work together to build a narrative towards more inclusive spaces. Come early and enjoy a light catered meal by Sizzle and Crunch. Doors open at 5:30pm.
The talk will be held on Thursday, June 20, at 6:00 PM. It will be held at University Heights, Seattle, Washington near Metro bus routes 45, 49, 70, 74, 542.
- Abel Pacheco, Seattle City Councilmember, District 4
- Alison Eisinger, Executive Director, King County Coalition on Homelessness
- Cathy Jimenez, Fare Enforcement Program Manager, King County Metro
- Eli Steffen, Bus Driver, King County Metro
- Rhonda Carter, Chief of Staff, Sound Transit
- Laura Lee Sturm, Program Coordinator, U-District Let’s Go!