In a city already well-known for its breathtaking views, this fall as part of Art Interruptions 2017 we proudly add 7 more extraordinary sights along the Delridge Neighborhood Greenway and Connector Trail in West Seattle. Now through January, we encourage you to view all 7 art installations by foot or bike, whether you are commuting to work or taking a pleasant weekend stroll. The artwork ranges from the whimsical to the thought provoking, incorporating themes of ecology, history and social justice.
Art Interruptions is an annual, seasonal art program created by the Office of Arts & Culture to nurture new and emerging artists. Art Interruptions is proudly funded by Seattle Department of Transportation 1% for Art fund and hosted by the SDOT Neighborhood Greenway Program and the Seattle Parks and Recreation Greenways Initiative.
On Saturday, October 7, 2017 we invite you to join us on a casual guided walk as we explore the art and meet the artists along the way. Hosted by the City of Seattle and led by Feet First from 10 a.m. to noon, the walk begins at Cottage Grove Park (5206 26th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98106). Individuals of all ages and abilities are encouraged to join us for this artistic stroll through West Seattle!
- Face Painter!
- Playground site for artwork scavenger hunt complete with sea creatures and prizes!
- 2 Casual guided walks will begin at 10am
- 1.8-mile tour of all 7 highlighted art pieces (Transportation back to Cottage Grove Park from tour end point will be provided for participants who need accommodations)
- 0.5-mile tour of 3 art pieces with kid’s scavenger hunt grand finale!
- Maps and information available for self-guided tours
Learn more about the artists and the day’s activities at the http://bit.ly/2yyDeVy