Find Posts By Topic

You Can Request Accessibility Improvements!

Did you know that if you require access improvements along your pedestrian route to work, home, or wherever you need to be, you can get help from SDOT? That’s right, and there are a number of different ways to do it!

If you have a mobile device handy and access to the internet, you can use SDOT’s “Find it, Fix it” application to report a concern. Maybe there is a crack in the sidewalk that is difficult to walk or roll over, or perhaps overgrowing vegetation or tree branches are partially blocking a route? Get on the app and report it to SDOT! You can take a photo of your findings to help SDOT understand the problem. These access concerns will be sent by the app to the Seattle Customer Services Bureau and sent to the appropriate SDOT Division for resolution.

FIFI app

SDOT “Find it, Fix it” App

Did you also know that SDOT has an ADA Request Program for solutions to your accessibility needs, too? People living with disabilities may need curb ramps, Accessible Pedestrian Signals (APS) or other improvements for access.

If you are living with a disability, you can use our online ADA Request webpage to request that a curb ramp be installed. You can also request APS so that the audible or vibrational cues will let you know when it’s time to cross the street safely. SDOT’s ADA Request Program is specifically designed to respond to these needs, and the improvements are made as soon as possible.

 curb ramp construction  ped signal
Curb ramp construction helps people with mobility disabilities.


Accessible Pedestrian Signals provide important information to the blind and deaf-blind.

The ADA Request webpage provides several options for submitting your request. This webpage also provides general ADA information and details current SDOT efforts towards improving access in the Seattle public right-of-way.

If you have any questions about accessibility within the Seattle public right-of-way, we encourage you contact SDOT’s ADA Coordinator, Michael Shaw. He can be reached at (206) 615-1974 or by email at