We are repaving 35th Ave NE to improve safety, accessibility, and comfort for all users. Starting Friday evening, April 26, crews will pave 35th Ave NE between NE 75th and NE 90th streets.
Here’s what you can expect:
S C H E D U L E
Paving and road closures will begin at 6 PM on Friday, April 26 and last through as late as 5 PM on Saturday, April 27. This work is weather dependent and subject to change.
C L O S U R E / D E T O U R
- 35th Ave NE will be closed to traffic between NE 65th and NE 95th streets.
- People driving on 35th Ave NE will be detoured to Sand Point Way NE.
- Residents and businesses between NE 75th and NE 90th streets will not have access to their driveways on 35th Ave NE during nighttime paving. Please park on side streets before 6 PM on Friday, April 26.
- Local access will be maintained for residents and businesses on 35th Ave NE from NE 65th to NE 75th streets and from NE 90th to NE 95th streets. A uniformed police officer will be stationed at NE 65th St and NE 95th St to facilitate access as needed.
- All sidewalks will remain open. People walking will be able to cross 35th Ave NE at NE 75th St and NE 90th St during the work.
- Please do not walk across 35th Ave NE during paving, except at NE 75th and NE 90th streets. Asphalt and tar are very hot and harmful to people and animals.
N O I S E
Expect loud noise, dust, and vibrations while crews are working.
T R A N S I T
For changes in Metro routes during paving, please refer to King County Metro Alerts.
Want more information?
For more information on the 35th Ave NE Project, please visit our web page. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 35thAvePaving@seattle.gov, or 206-512-3950. We appreciate your patience during this work.