On Sunday May 22 the West Seattle 5K Run/Walk event is in the morning and then we transition to Summer Streets between 10:30 and 11AM. Besides partnering with the West Seattle High School PTSA we are also partnering with the Alki Community Council.
In response to the feedback we heard, we are shortening the route for and fully closing Alki Ave SW to traffic between 63rd Ave SW and 56th Ave SW.
Starting at 11 a.m., come join the fun:
• Kids Talent Show and Live Entertainment Stage sponsored by the Alki Community Council.
• Ride eMoto’s electric bike.
• Coastal Surf Boutique and Casual Industrees will be screening customized tees.
And don’t miss Coastal and Hansen’s surf machine and skate ramp!
• Mountain to Sound Outfitters will be there with Stand Up Paddle Board and Quad/Inline Skate demos.
• Stop by the Seal Sitters station to learn about ways you can help protect the seal pups that come onto our beaches.
Seattle Children’s will also have a special activity.
With the streets car-free and fun-focused expect the unexpected…random yoga; intermittent acts of dance; sidewalk chalk…outside the lines! So plan on playing in the street this weekend – the Summer Streets – and…bring your creativity!
Get Involved! Want to participate? Email: email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook to get the latest scoop and see videos and pictures of past events.