Find Posts By Topic

Get your permits here!


Are you a housing developer putting in a sidewalk in front of your new project?  A homeowner adding a garden in your planting strip?  A neighbor organizing a block party?  All of these activities use one of the over 60 types of permits for use, occupation and/or construction in the City rights-of-way that are regularly issued by SDOT’s Street Use Division.  SDOT tracks projects or activities in the street right-of-way to make sure that traffic stays moving with the right detours in place and that construction meets City standards.  For more information on Street Use permits, click here.

To get your permit, visit the Street Use office in person or use the online permitting system by clicking here. The Street Use Permit counter is located on the 23rd floor of Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 5th Avenue. The permit counter phone is (206) 684-5253.  We hope to hear from you!