This week, crews will continue to work on grading and paving on Valley Street and Westlake Avenue North, north of Mercer Street. Crews also continue construction on the north side of Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North and the east side of SR 99 between Valley and Harrison streets.
Activities this week include:
- Begin intermittent daytime single lane closures on the I-5 on-ramps at Mercer Street. A single lane on eastbound Mercer Street will be closed between Boren Avenue North and the I-5 on-ramps at Mercer Street while crews perform curb barrier installation and landscaping work along the ramps. Work hours will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for approximately two weeks. Three lanes of Mercer Street and the I-5 on-ramps will remain open during this work.
- Continue building demolition at the southeast corner of Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue North.
- Continue sidewalk work on the east side of Fourth Avenue North and the east side of Third Avenue North between Roy and Mercer streets.
- Continue sawcutting, sidewalk removal and conduit installation on the north and south sides of Roy Street between First Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North. Work will include parking lane closures while construction activities are underway.
- Continue pavement removal and grading on Westlake Avenue North between Valley Street and Ninth Avenue North, on Broad Street between Ninth Avenue North and Westlake Avenue North, and on Valley Street between Terry Avenue North and Fairview Avenue North in preparation for rebuilding the roadway.
- Continue work on the east side of SR 99 and Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North including drilling for rebar dowels and preparatory work for building the new east side of the SR 99 overpass over Mercer Street.
Traffic engineers will continue to:
- Monitor traffic on Mercer Street, Fifth Avenue North, Broad Street and Ninth Avenue North.
- Monitor traffic at the Westlake Avenue North and Mercer Street intersection.
- Monitor traffic flow at the Dexter Avenue North and Mercer Street intersection.
For up-to-minute construction updates join our project email list at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm or call the 24-hour construction hotline at 206-419-5818.