Find Posts By Topic

How to Submit a Request to SDOT? Your Help Keeps Seattle Moving!

Maintaining a first-rate transportation system in our city requires community involvement. We appreciate the communities’ time and efforts when community members contact the city with information that helps SDOT keep Seattle moving. If you have a transportation-related concern or request, here are ways you can connect with us to let us know.

Seattle 9-15

What are road related things I can report to SDOT?

Using this form, you can report the following to SDOT online:

  • Pothole locations
  • Street sign and traffic signal maintenance (damaged and malfunctioning)
  • Damaged sidewalks
  • Overgrown vegetation in SDOT-maintained public right-of-ways
  • Sidewalk or street obstructions


For a catch-all reporting system, we check out our mobile phone app Find It, Fix It for reporting when you’re on the go. Find It, Fix It also allows one to report certain concerns like graffiti or parking enforcement issues to the Seattle Police Department, or reach other city departments such as Seattle Public Utilities.

What can I request from SDOT?

In addition to reporting, you can also request various services from SDOT, including:  

  • ADA technologies
  • Safe Routes to School improvements
  • Traffic calming evaluations

To request any of these or for general inquiries, please visit our Customer Request page here.

Not sure where to report?

If you aren’t sure where to file a report or request, we are also available via phone or email.

You can call SDOT at (206) 684-ROAD (7623) or send an email to

For additional SDOT contact information, please visit our directory here.

Thank you for helping keep Seattle safe and accessible for everyone!