25th Ave NE connects the Ravenna and Roosevelt neighborhoods to many local retail establishments and services. It’s also a transit route with service connecting northeast Seattle to the U District, Link light rail, and downtown Seattle. We’re in construction to repave 25th Ave NE to improve safety, accessibility, and comfort for all users. From March 7-12, 2019, we’re grinding the top several inches of asphalt on 25th Ave NE so we can repair the base of the street. This work is weather dependent and subject to change.
Here’s what you can expect:
S C H E D U L E
- March 7-9, 2019: Crews will grind the east side of 25th Ave NE starting at Montlake Blvd NE and then move north to 65th Ave NE
- March 9, 2019: Crews will conduct cleanup work
- March 11-12, 2019: Crews will grind the west side of 25th Ave NE starting at Montlake Blvd NE and then move north to 65th Ave NE
- Work hours are typically
- Weekdays: 7 AM – 7 PM
- Saturday: 8 AM – 5 PM
C L O S U R E | D E T O U R
- For people driving northbound on Montlake Blvd NE, 25th Ave NE will be closed to northbound traffic between Montlake Blvd NE and NE 44th St so crews can safely complete grinding work. We suggest people detour around the closure by staying right on Montlake Blvd NE as it turns into eastbound NE 45th St and then turning left onto NE 45th Pl to access 35th Ave NE.
- To access University Village:
- People driving northbound can use the entrance off NE 45th St, near the QFC
- People driving southbound can use entrances at NE 49th St, NE 47th St, and the entrance under the NE 45th St ramp
L A N E, T U R N, & P A R K I N G
- During initial grinding, crews will maintain 1 lane of traffic in each direction on 25th Ave NE between NE 45th St and NE 65th St
- Drivers will only be permitted to turn right off of 25th Ave NE
- There will be temporary intersection closures at 25th Ave NE and NE 47th St, NE 49th St, NE Blakeley St, NE 55th St, NE 57th St, and NE 60th St.
- On-street parking will be closed on both sides of the street
N O I S E
- Expect loud noise, dust, and vibrations while crews are working
We are repaving approximately 1.25 miles of 25th Ave NE between Montlake Boulevard NE and NE 65th St. Repaving will make the street more comfortable to drive on and extend its useful life. The project will also:
- Upgrade curb ramps
- Make minor drainage system upgrades
- Replace traffic sensors
- Make bus stop improvements
Want more information?
For more information on this project, please visit our project page. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 25thAvePaving@seattle.gov, or 206.733.9050. We appreciate your patience during this work.