We’re in construction to repave 35th Ave NE to improve safety, accessibility, and comfort for all users. Starting on Monday, April 8, crews will be grinding the top several inches of asphalt on 35th Ave NE between NE 75th and NE 89th streets to prepare for paving.
Here’s what you can expect:
S C H E D U L E
Starting at 7 AM on Monday, April 8, we will be grinding the asphalt on 35th Ave NE. Work hours will be from 7 AM to 7 PM, Monday through Friday, but road closures and the northbound detour will be in place 24/7. We anticipate grinding to take several days.
Following that, crews will complete final repairs on the roadway, which may take several weeks. Paving will follow these activities and is weather dependent.
C L O S U R E A N D D E T O U R
- One southbound lane will remain open at all times on 35th Ave NE between NE 75th and NE 95th streets.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured to Sand Point Way NE between NE 75th and NE 95th streets.
- Trucks and other drivers that are traveling through the area may also use eastbound NE 65th St to Sand Point Way NE as a detour route.
- There will be limited turns to and from side streets on 35th Ave NE between NE 75th and NE 95th streets.
- Street parking will be closed on both sides of the streets, 24/7, and there may be temporary driveway closures for up to 1 hour as the grinding machine passes.
N O I S E
Expect loud noise, dust, and vibrations while crews are working.
T R A N S I T
For reroutes and bus stop closures, get the latest information by signing up for King County Metro Alerts or calling King County Metro at 206-553-3000.
N E A R B Y P R O J E C T S
We’re coordinating with the 25th Ave NE Paving Project as they plan for paving overnight in early April. During nighttime paving on 25th Ave NE, northbound traffic from 25th Ave NE will be detoured to 35th Ave NE, south of NE 65th St. For the latest construction information, please see the 25th Ave NE Paving Project construction email update archive.
Want more information?
For more information on the 35th Ave NE Project, please visit our web page. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 35thAvePaving@seattle.gov or 206-512-3950. We appreciate your patience during this work.