You could be the next awesome thing that’s happened for Seattle’s transportation!
The Transit Advisory Board (TAB) is accepting applications for new members to help advise Seattle on the challenges & opportunities related to transit & public transportation.
This volunteer board plays an important role in ensuring a successful and well-coordinated transit system, citywide!
TAB members are passionate about transit & serious about ensuring projects & programs are equitable & inclusive of all people.
Because they represent all travelers of public transportation, each member must advise with a keen appreciation for safety and appreciate the value of a multi-modal transportation network that keeps people, goods and services moving efficiently.
Board members make recommendations to all city departments including the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT), serve a two-year term with opportunities for re-appointment, and usually meeting monthly on the fourth Wednesday, 6 – 8 PM at Seattle City Hall.
TAB members represent:
- Different geographical locations citywide
- A variety of transit rider groups including persons with disabilities, senior and school-age community members, commuters, and low-income riders
- Travelers of different public transportation modes (e.g. bus, light rail, streetcar, and ferry)
- Residents with an interest in improving transit conditions within the City and region, and have experience with urban transit issues
- Transit-related organizations and clubs
- Schools, business, and neighborhood organizations that depend on our public transportation system
We’re committed to diversity on City boards & commissions.
That means people of color, immigrants or refugees, youth, seniors, persons with disabilities, and sexual and gender minorities are needed and valuable participants, who shouldn’t hesitate to apply today!
Do you picture yourself committing to strategic leadership in public transit?
Then you should apply!
Email a statement of interest or cover letter and resume no later than midnight Monday, August 5, 2019, to Caylyn.Rolph-Tate@seattle.gov | with a subject line of “TAB Recruitment.” Or mail it to:
ATTN: TAB Recruitment
Office of the Mayor
P.O Box 94749
Seattle, Washington 98124-4749
Seattle Department of Transportation’s mission is to deliver a transportation system that provides safe and affordable access to places and opportunities.