Time to play on Rainier Ave!
Don’t miss Rainier Valley’s Summer Streets this Saturday Aug 20 along Rainier from Alaska to Brandon from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Come out and watch the 19th Annual Rainier Valley Heritage Parade then stay and play in the streets afterwards. The parade begins at 11 a.m. and lasts about an hour. After that, the streets open up for people to enjoy.
Life is going to be good – the street is opening up for neighbors to talk, eat and play. Kids can ride in a bike parade and even eat free ice cream and watch fire jugglers as part of ScoopFest, a benefit for the Rainier Valley Food Bank. You can also help the food bank by bringing healthy canned food to help build of Seattle’s LARGEST canned food pyramid (in Full Tilt’s parking lot from 1 to 4PM). There will be music, an urban chicken petting zoo and Art in the Alley. There’s something for everyone.
Come play in the street!
- Kids Bike Parade (go to the Group Health parking lot at 10:30AM for decorations)
- Valet bike parking starting at 10:30AM on Ferdinand
- Art in the Alley
- Street quilt chalk art fun and pottery wheel demos
- Board games and aromatherapy clay
- Summersault City
- Music stage featuring Andrew Anderson and The Polyrythmics at Hudson
- 98118’s Got Talent Show at Edmunds
- Hula hoop contest
- Local dining
- Slow bike races and more bike games on Ferdinand
- Seattle’s Largest Canned Food Pyramid—bring a can to donate at Full Tilt
- Austin Foundation Fitness Course
- Urban chicken petting zoo and container garden give-aways
- Test your brain and body at Seattle City Light’s Energy Conservation Obstacle
- Family Bike ExpoJump Shot Countdown Basketball
- Tap dance lessons and somersault city production
- Sound Transit’s Zap Gridlock and fun games
- And SO MUCH MORE!
The Rainier Valley Chamber of Commerce is partnering with the city to make this a great day. Check out this map to see exactly where the event is being held and parking restricted. This is a SeaFair sanctioned event.
Special thanks to our sponsors:
- City of Seattle
- Seattle Children’s
- Cascade Bicycle Club