This week, crews will continue to work on underground utilities on Valley Street, Broad Street and Westlake Avenue North, north of Mercer Street and signal installations on Dexter Avenue North, Broad Street and Fifth Avenue North. The signals will be operational on May 20 when two lanes will be closed on Mercer Street and eastbound Broad Street is re-opened.
Activities this week include:
- Continue sewer work on Westlake Avenue North and Broad Street.
- Continue Seattle City Light and communications duct bank work on Valley Street between Terry Avenue North and Westlake Avenue North.
- Continue landscaping installation on Fairview Avenue North between Valley Street and Mercer Street and on the south side of the I-5 on-ramps at Mercer Street.
- Continue traffic signal installations at the intersections of Dexter Avenue North and Republican Street, Broad and Harrison streets and signal modifications at Fifth Avenue North and Harrison Street.
- Continue tree removal along SR 99 between Roy and Harrison streets.
- Continue sidewalk removal and utility modifications on SR 99 between Roy and Harrison streets.
Beginning Friday, May 3 through Monday, May 6, the I-5 on- and off-ramps at Mercer Street will be fully closed to traffic for signal mast arm installation across the I-5 ramps. Closure hours will be from Friday at 11:00 p.m. to Monday, at 5:00 a.m. Detour route maps are available on the project website at: www.seattle.gov/Transportation/mercercorridor.htm.
Traffic engineers will continue to:
- Monitor traffic flow on Mercer Street and newly re-opened Fairview Avenue North
- Monitor traffic on Ninth Avenue North
- Monitor traffic flow at the Dexter Avenue North and Mercer Street intersection.
For up-to-minute construction updates join our project email list at: www.seattle.gov/transtportation/mercercorridor.htm or call the 24-hour construction hotline at 206-419-5818.