If you live in Seattle or travel the city’s streets, you’ve probably seen the wear and tear on our roads. Because we live in a busy, growing city with heavy rainfall, potholes can be a problem.
In fact, it’s been one of the wettest winters on record, which means our roads are even more susceptible to potholes. When water seeps into the supporting soil below the asphalt, the foundation for our roads is weakened. Add heavy traffic into the mix and potholes are created.
We use two resources to communicate with the public to help us find and fix these issues.
The Find It, Fix It app, created for mobile devices, allows the community to bring these issues to our attention. You are our eyes and ears on the streets. This app has a simple design where you can upload a photo of the issue and send it over to our maintenance crew and Customer Service Bureau.
In addition to reporting potholes, you can request a handful of other services through the app:
- Abandoned Vehicles: report vehicles parked in a public right-of-way more than three days
- Graffiti: report graffiti, including what it’s on — parking meter, utility pole or building — so it gets automatically routed to the appropriate department for response
- Illegal Dumping: report illegal dumping — junk, garbage or debris — on public property, including roadsides, open streets and paved alleys
- Parking Enforcement: make an inquiry about a parking concern
- Streetlight Report: report a streetlight outage or damaged streetlight
Along with the Find It, Fix It app, we provide a map of all the potholes in the city on our website. Any requests that come in, are pending, or have already been filled are displayed on this map.
If you cannot access the Find It, Fix It app but would still like to report damages, you can still participate. Our website has a pothole report form and our contact number is 1-206-684-ROAD (7623). We also send Twitter requests to our maintenance crew if you do not have access to the Find It, Fix It app.
Thank you for taking part in our effort to maintain our roads for the future!