Late 2017/early 2018 we’re making safety enhancements on 5th Ave NE between NE 115th St and NE 127th St to reduce crashes and make it easier to walk and bike in the Pinehurst neighborhood. This Vision Zero spot improvement project is part of our plan to end traffic deaths and serious injuries on city streets by 2030.
The planned improvements include:
- New painted parking lanes between NE 115th St and NE 127th St
- New flashing beacon at NE 115th St
- New painted curb bulb on NE 125th St
- Bike box upgrades at NE 115th ST
- Four-hour parking restriction removal, lighting improvements, and updated street signs and markings between NE 115th St and NE 127th St
We’re also installing new flashing crosswalk lights to warn drivers when a pedestrian is crossing at NE 115th St. With the new Hazel Wolf K-8 school now in session on Pinehurst Way NE, flashing crosswalk lights can improve the visibility of students walking and biking to school across this busy street.
During this work, you can expect temporary parking restrictions and detour routes for people biking and walking. We’ll provide advanced notification to adjacent residents and businesses prior to construction starting.
If you have questions or comments about this transportation safety work, please contact Chris Svolopoulos at (206) 684-5312 or email@example.com