This week, crews continued to work on underground utilities on Valley Street, Broad Street, Ninth Avenue North and Westlake Avenue North, north of Mercer Street. Crews also continued construction on the north side of Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North and the east side of SR 99 between Valley Street and Harrison Street.
Activities this week included:
• Completed nighttime lane restrictions on Ninth Avenue North for watermain and stormwater utility work.
• Completed pavement removal and grading on Westlake Avenue North between Valley Street and Ninth Avenue North and began pavement installation in preparation for rebuilding the roadway.
• Continued sawcutting, sidewalk removal and conduit installation on the north and south sides of Roy Street between First Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North. Work will progress from west to east and will include parking lane closures while construction activities are underway.
• Continued work on the east side of SR 99 and Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North including excavation and shoring for retaining wall removal and bridge abutment installation.
• Completed installation of ground anchors along the north Mercer retaining wall.
Reminder: The next full weekend closure of SR 99 and Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North is July 5-8. More information about the closure including information on alternate routes is available at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm .
Traffic engineers will continue to:
• Monitor traffic on Mercer Street, Fifth Avenue North, Broad Street and Ninth Avenue North.
• Monitor traffic at the Westlake Avenue North and Mercer Street intersection.
• Monitor traffic flow at the Dexter Avenue North and Mercer Street intersection.
For up-to-minute construction updates join our project email list at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm or call the 24-hour construction hotline at 206-419-5818.