This week, crews will continue to work on underground utilities on Valley Street, Broad Street, Ninth Avenue North and Westlake Avenue North, north of Mercer Street. Crews are also continuing construction on the north side of Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North and the east side of SR 99 between Valley Street and Harrison Street.
Activities this week include:
- Continue sawcutting, sidewalk removal and conduit installation on the north and south sides of Roy Street between First Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North. Work will progress from west to east and will include parking lane closures while construction activities are underway.
- Continue pavement removal and grading on Westlake Avenue North between Valley Street and Ninth Avenue North in preparation for rebuilding the roadway.
- Begin pavement removal and grading of the Terry Ave North and Valley Street intersection in preparation for rebuilding the intersection.
- Continue work on the east side of SR 99 and Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North including excavation and shoring for retaining wall removal and bridge abutment installation in preparation for demolishing the east side of the SR 99 bridge over Mercer Street this weekend.
Reminder: Beginning Friday, July 5 at 11 p.m. through Monday, July 8, at 5 a.m., SR 99 and Mercer Street will be fully closed to traffic as crews demolish the eastern half of the SR 99 bridge over Mercer Street. More information regarding traffic impacts can be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm
Traffic engineers will continue to:
- Monitor traffic on Mercer Street, Fifth Avenue North, Broad Street and Ninth Avenue North.
- Monitor traffic at the Westlake Avenue North and Mercer Street intersection.
- Monitor traffic flow at the Dexter Avenue North and Mercer Street intersection.
For up-to-minute construction updates join our project email list at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm or call the 24-hour construction hotline at 206-419-5818.