Don’t forget — Monday June 30th, the South Park Bridge reopens to traffic! Come celebrate the grand opening on Sunday June 29th!
After three years of construction King County will open the new South Park Bridge to vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians. The old bridge was closed to traffic because it was no longer safe to remain open. After an unprecedented effort that brought together community members, business partners, and government at the local, regional, state, and national levels, the new South Park Bridge is receiving its finishing touches. Designed to resemble its iconic predecessor, the new bridge was built to modern standards and should last a hundred years.
So now is the time for food, fun, and fireworks!
Sunday, June 29
- 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. — Street party: music & performances, info booths, self-guided tours of the bridge’s south tower, food & drink
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. — Dedication ceremony with elected officials & community leaders; fireworks
- 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. — Parade
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. — Lucha Libre; street party continues
Monday, June 30
- 6:00 a.m. – Bridge opens to all traffic