Over the last 2 weekends, crews have been hard at work preparing the University Bridge surface for paving as part of the Roosevelt Paving & Safety Project. Weather permitting, this weekend marks the third and final closure of the bridge while crews waterproof and pave the bridge surface. For closure details, go here.
This work marks a major milestone for the Roosevelt Paving & Safety Project, completing the third of five construction zones.
- Zone A, between NE 65th St and NE Ravenna Blvd – complete!
- Zone B, between NE Ravenna Blvd and NE 53rd St – substantially complete
- Zone C, between NE 53rd and NE 45th streets – in progress
- Zone D, between NE 45th and NE 40th streets – expected to begin as soon as August 15
- Zone E, between NE 40th St and Fuhrman Ave E – in progress
SDOT is making improvements along Roosevelt Way NE between NE 65th Street and the University Bridge for people who drive, bike, walk and use transit. Construction began on March 14 and we expect work will be done in October. Thank you to everyone who lives, works, travels, shops, and visits the University District and Roosevelt neighborhoods – we appreciate your patience during construction!