This week, crews continued to work on grading and paving the roadway on Valley Street, Broad Street and Westlake Avenue North, north of Mercer Street. Crews also continue construction on the north side of Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North and the east side of SR 99 between Valley and Harrison streets.
Activities this week included:
- Completed sidewalk work on the east side of Third Avenue North and continued sidewalk work on the east side of Fourth Avenue North between Roy and Mercer streets.
- Began intermittent daytime single lane closures on the I-5 on-ramps at Mercer Street. A single lane on eastbound Mercer Street will be closed between Boren Avenue North and the I-5 on-ramps at Mercer Street while crews perform curb barrier installation and landscaping work along the ramps. Work hours will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for approximately two weeks. Three lanes of Mercer Street and the I-5 on-ramps will remain open during this work.
- Continued building demolition at the southeast corner of Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue N.
- Continued pavement removal and grading on Westlake Avenue North between Valley Street and Ninth Avenue N, on Broad Street between Ninth Avenue N and Westlake Avenue N, and on Valley Street between Terry Avenue N and Fairview Avenue N in preparation for rebuilding the roadway.
- Continued work on the east side of SR 99 and Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue N and Dexter Avenue N including drilling for rebar dowels and preparatory work for building the new east side of the SR 99 overpass over Mercer Street.
Traffic engineers will continue to:
- Monitor traffic on Mercer Street, Fifth Avenue N, Broad Street and Ninth Avenue N.
- Monitor traffic at the Westlake Avenue N and Mercer Street intersection.
- Monitor traffic flow at the Dexter Avenue N and Mercer Street intersection.
For up-to-minute construction updates join our project email list at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm or call the 24-hour construction hotline at 206-419-5818.