This week, crews will continue to work on grading and paving the roadway on Valley Street, Broad Street and Westlake Avenue North, north of Mercer Street. Crews will also continue construction on the north side of Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North and the east side of SR 99 between Valley and Harrison streets.
Activities this week include:
- Begin grading the south side of Roy Street between Dexter Avenue North and Ninth Avenue North in preparation for new asphalt.
- Continue sidewalk work on the east side of Fourth Avenue North between Roy and Mercer streets.
- Continue intermittent daytime single lane closures on the I-5 on-ramps at Mercer Street. A single lane on eastbound Mercer Street will be closed between Boren Avenue North and the I-5 on-ramps at Mercer Street while crews perform curb barrier installation and landscaping work along the ramps. Work hours will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for approximately one week. Three lanes of Mercer Street and the I-5 on-ramps will remain open during this work.
- Continue building demolition at the southeast corner of Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue North.
- Continue pavement removal and grading on Westlake Avenue North between Valley Street and Ninth Avenue North, on Broad Street between Ninth Avenue North and Westlake Avenue North, and on Valley Street between Terry Avenue North and Fairview Avenue North in preparation for rebuilding the roadway.
- Continue work on the abutments for the east side of the SR 99 overpass over Mercer.
- Continue hydro blasing and installing dowels in the north retaining wall and footing on Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North.
Traffic engineers will continue to:
- Monitor traffic on Mercer Street, Fifth Avenue North, Broad Street and Ninth Avenue North.
- Monitor traffic at the Westlake Avenue North and Mercer Street intersection.
- Monitor traffic flow at the Dexter Avenue North and Mercer Street intersection.
For up-to-minute construction updates join our project email list at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm or call the 24-hour construction hotline at 206-419-5818.