Do you love your two-wheel ride? Are you passionate about making Seattle a place that is safe and easy for people who bike?
The Seattle Bicycle Advisory Board (SBAB) is seeking at least three new members.
Consider applying for this 2 year volunteer position.
Who Is SBAB?
Created in 1977 by our City Council, the volunteer board plays an influential role in achieving Seattle’s Bicycle Master Plan vision that riding a bicycle is a comfortable and integral part of daily life in Seattle for people of all ages and abilities
Here are a few other tasks that members do:
- Advise the Mayor and the City Council
- Participate in planning and project development
- Evaluate policies
- Make recommendations to all city departments, including SDOT
- Meet on the first Wednesday of each month from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Seattle City Hall
How do I qualify for this position?
- The City of Seattle is committed to promoting diversity in our boards and commissions. People of color, low-income communities, immigrant and refugee populations, people living with disabilities, people experiencing homelessness, LGBTQ people, women and girls, youth, seniors and Native Populations are encouraged to apply.
- Board members are frequent users of our bicycle network and represent a variety of ages, levels of mobility, diverse communities, and reside in neighborhoods throughout the city.
- Must be a Seattle resident.
Where do I sign up?
Submit a resume and cover letter via email by July 28, 2019 to Serena Lehman at Serena.Lehman@seattle.gov .
If emailing is not an option, send a resume and cover letter via U.S. mail to:
Seattle Department of Transportation
P.O. Box 34996
Seattle, Washington 98124-4996
For more information, visit https://www.seattle.gov/seattle-bicycle-advisory-board or connect with Serena Lehman at Serena.Lehman@seattle.gov or (206) 256-5371.