As part of ongoing neighborhood crossing improvements in Beacon Hill, there will be 2 temporary road closures at the intersection of S Graham St and 30th Ave S and a temporary closure of the Chief Sealth Trail at 31st Ave S and at S Graham St. Earlier this March, we began crossing improvements at this intersection to enhance safety and access for people walking, biking, and driving.
Here’s what you can expect
S C H E D U L E
Closures will begin Tuesday, April 23, 2019
- S Graham St will be closed at 30th Ave S on the west side for up to 2 weeks.
- 30th Ave S will be closed on the south side of S Graham St for up to 1 month.
These temporary closures will be in place 24/7.
Once we reopen the west side of S Graham St, expect a single lane with a person flagging to direct traffic during work hours, and both lanes of S Graham St will be open during non-work hours. We will maintain access to Chief Sealth Trail via a detour on 31st Ave NE shown on the map below.
C L O S U R E | D E T O U R
We will minimize construction impacts as much as possible. During this work, please expect:
- For those driving on S Graham St, detours for through traffic to S Orcas St and Martin Luther King Jr Way S for up to 2 weeks
- Local access will be maintained
- Detour for those using Chief Sealth Trail
- Noise, vibrations, and dust during work hours
- “No Park” signs placed in work area 72 hours in advance of work starting
Want more information about this project?
Visit the project webpage. You can contact the project team at (206) 900-8725 or NeighborhoodImprovements2018@seattle.gov.